Building your own solar panel is surely worth doing. You will get a lot of benefits from joining the solar power revolution from helping to save Mother Earth, to save on your electric bills as well. Before you do anything, read the following tips right from solar energy companies.
– Identify the hemisphere you are in- Your location has an impact in the direction of your panel. If you’re living in northern hemisphere, the solar cell sheets must face southward and if you’re living in southern hemisphere, it must face northward. By taking this step, the amount of sunlight that’s exposed on your device will be minimized.
– Find the materials online- Everything is available on the Web today. Online stores can offer effective resources to get materials for your solar power apparatus. It is however, practical to buy from established solar companies in Bahrain or nearby.
– Inspect the gaps in the solar panel- Panels must be air-tight otherwise using silicone caulk can help to fill the gaps. There could be chances for moisture build-up which might appear on the panels’ interior. As a solution a little hole is drilled near the panel’s base ensuring it from the wiring. It is significant when building solar panels because it will augment the amount of airflow and also hinder moisture build-up. Drilling the tiny hole will also prevent rain to accumulate inside the panels.
– Better invest in a solar panel kit- A kit will have corresponding diagrams and detailed instructions on constructing solar panels. You’ll also get most essential materials needed in completing the project.
– Identify how many solar cells you require- Do the math before you start the project. This key figure is, about 80 solar cells usually create 100 watts of electrical power. A volt meter is required to test each solar cell and determine the voltage it’s creating. It is important to record the information for future adjustments.
In case you need to buy a solar panel kit or you want to know more tips on building or installing a solar panel, visit a few solar power companies as they usually possess helpful information and knowledge on how to build or install your own solar panel.